Villa Tiboldi consists of three buildings; the manor house, the barn and the cottage of the tenant farmer
The main complex was built in the 1750’s as a farmhouse, but in early 1900’s it was rebuilt into a vacation home by the owner at that time, a Genovese family , who added typical Ligurian details to the building.
The Genovese owners restored and enlarged the house, using valuable quality materials , with liberty style furniture , planting in the center of the garden a silver cedar and two linden trees, the latter still standing today.
After years with different owners and fluctuating fortunes, Villa Tiboldi was purchased in 1995 by the brothers Massimo and Roberto Damonte, owners of the Malvirà winery, who decides to suppliment their growing wine business with the beautiful vineyards sourrounding the Villa and to transform the remaining ruins of the Villa ,into a country house hotel.
The rooms where inaugurated on October 27th 2003, after 4 years of renovation.